An Ode to Virgin Trains


It’s the
          Futuristic whirring sound of the mechanical loo that
                             Makes my heart tremble.

Tea!
          The temperature of a volcanic
                                      Geyser.
                             As I wobbled my way through the aisle
          bleeding its Tetley pus onto my
trembling, burning hands;
         
Ouch!
                   Couldn’t anyone
                                      Find a fucking way to
                   Serve tea at any less than 37,000 degrees Celsius and scalding your skin off if you happen to spill a drop on the bouncing, shaking, trembling train? Sorry I’m not trying to be a **** but it cost me about £3.50 for this cup of sculpted stryoplastic  into which a “shop” attendant has hurled an orphaned teabag into the stew of boiling water like it was a used condom and really you’d think that if you were going to run a national rail service then you’d consider the fact that
(cont. on p. 69)